Decked out for quality family time and frequent entertaining, this deliciously light and airy Fullarton home on a family-sized 678sqm North-South allotment with wide frontage is a rare offering, just 4.1 kms to the city centre and a comfy 10 min walk to Unley Road. A 1926 Bungalow with a modern architecturally designed rear extension, the home is characterised by high ceilings, open spaces, natural materials, clean lines, chic aesthetics and quality finishes, all artfully integrated into a two-storey, four-bedroom dwelling that marries past and present with grace and ease. It sits on a whisper-quiet tree-lined street just minutes from some of Adelaide's highest-ranking private and public schools.
The little touches give this home its special appeal. On arrival, you notice the new secure gates, manicured evergreen hedging and calming front garden filled with washed river rocks and an abundance of trees and native shrubs, many of which were sourced from the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. The original fašade has been cleverly updated with smart new rendering and heritage roller shutters for added privacy and temperature control. Two bedrooms at the front of this exquisite home have original ornate fireplaces and mantels, large windows with new winders, and traditional picture rails. Bedroom 2 is particularly generous in size and includes a bespoke BIR.
In the hallway, formal living and dining areas, polished Baltic pine floorboards and fresh new curtains continue the light & breezy theme, as do the art-deco blue fireplace tiles, rich glass mosaics in the double-doors, and twinkly chandeliers. In fact, everywhere you look the house is sprinkled with delicate details and classic finishing touches. With its soft-hued furnishings and northbound views over the rear garden including Japanese maple and ornamental cherry trees, the large master bedroom (including ensuite), located upstairs, offers a serene retreat for parents; so wonderfully warm and relaxing.
At the core of the home is a large living/family space designed for effortless daily interaction. The kitchen makes up a substantial part of the area, with the added bonus of a newly installed large skylight drawing natural light deep into the area. There is plenty of room to bustle about and cook while interacting with children or guests. It is a highly practical area with lots of storage, including a convenient separate laundry enclave. The mellow family room features an impressive three sets of solid wood bi-fold doors, opening up the entire area to the outside where the magic continues: garden beds, lush lawn, and extensive paving.
For people who are passionate about food, wine, entertaining and good times, this is the home for you. Wood decking leads to the idyllic in ground salt-chlorinated solar heated fibreglass pool, two enormous shaded trees - perfect for the warmer weather - and an L-shaped lawn. On the western side of the home, there are fruit trees (lemon and pomegranate) as well as a raised vegetable bed currently filled with tomatoes and strawberries. A new lock-up garden shed completes the area. An added bonus is the fully insulated and expertly cabled exterior office, studio or TV room, which sits adjacent to a huge all-weather entertaining/BBQ area (seats 12 comfortably) with lighting and a ceiling fan.
Extensive high-quality recent renovations by the owners include:
- Fresh neutral heritage paint inside and out - yes, the entire house including wooden gates and fences - offering a creamy spacious backdrop for your furniture and accessories
- RC split system air conditioning by Daikin installed in every major room
- Designer lighting inside and out, including PIR security lights to the front and rear
- Extensive re-landscaping including botanic specimens, fruit trees, and a massive 12 tonnes of new organic soil, washed river rocks, and bark
- New light-reducing curtains and designer rods throughout
- Fully monitored alarm system
- Bespoke contemporary mirrored BIRs
- Large skylight in kitchen
- Heritage rendering to the front of the home
- Heritage custom-made gates to driveway
- Designer ceiling fan in master bedroom
- Network cabling to family room, master bedroom and rear office/studio
- New window winders
- New tap ware and shower fittings in the main bathroom
- New fully retractable all-weather heavy-duty clothes line
- New designer letterbox
Other notable features include:
- Undercover car-parking for two cars + additional off-street parking
- Rainwater tank (1000 litres)
- Filtered drinking water direct to kitchen sink
- Garden irrigation system
- Significant under-stair storage (standing height) - room for bikes and much more
- Pool lighting
- Two entrances (front and side) with wireless doorbells
Be quick to experience the dreamlike charm of this amazingly well presented property.